Find out the Eligibility Criteria for PMAY Housing Scheme
Posted on July 15th, 2020
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana was launched in 2015 as a means to provide affordable housing for all. This scheme is directed towards the economically weaker section of the society in both rural and urban areas. Regardless, to benefit from this credit-linked subsidy scheme, individuals need to meet the criteria for PMAY eligibility.
Eligibility criteria for PMAY
Families fulfilling these following criteria would be able to enjoy the benefits extended by PMAY -
- Applicants who belong to LIG, EWS, and MIG (I and II) families.
- They have not benefited from other affordable housing scheme launched by either the state or central government.
- They do not have a pucca house in their or any other family member’s name.
Contrarily, it should be noted that beneficiaries who had obtained subsidy on their home loans would not be deemed eligible to reclaim the benefits. Further, individuals who had opted for the balance transfer facility during their active tenor would fail to meet the criteria as well.
Consequently, to benefit from the PMAY scheme, applicants have to furnish the requisite documents to further back their Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana eligibility criteria.
The following documents must be kept in handy before applying for the PMAY scheme –
- Proof of identity – Aadhaar card, Voter ID, passport, etc.
- Proof of address - Latest utility bills, house rent agreement, any KYC document with the permanent address, etc.
- Income proof - Latest salary slips, bank account statements or income tax returns.
- Property documents – Allotment letter, receipt of payment, sale agreement and other property-related documents.
Subsequently, applicants meeting the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana eligibility criteria and providing the required documents would benefit from this scheme significantly.